Sunday, November 8, 2009

Red Barn

For Red Barn, I decided to go with the theme of "Follow the pumpkin trail" because the festival is very autumn-ish, and there tend to be a lot of pumpkins around. Also, some of my better photographs had pumpkins in them. We are creating a pamphlet/mailer, poster, newspaper ad, and web banner for this project.

First, is the Red Barn Arts & Crafts Festival pamphlet/mailer. The text has not been manipulated yet but that will come soon. I generally know where things are going to go.

This is the other side of the pamphlet/mailer. The top (upside down) flap will fold down over the bottom section, and the picture will be completed. Also, there is a mailer panel on this side.

This is the Red Barn poster. Actual size is 13x19. I'm thinking about making the picture monotone or duotone to go with the flow of the mailer, banner, and ad, but I'm not sure yet.

This is the half-page newspaper ad. I really like the typography so far, but it needs something else. Since it is a 2-color job, I made the photograph a sepia kind of color to emphasize the fall feeling. Actual size is somewhere around 10.25x10 I believe. I need to downsize mine a bit; I believe it's 15x11 right now.
Last but not least, this is the web banner. Apparently the web banner has to be horizontal, so I need to change the profile, but I really liked the vertical layout anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment